About Us - Committee Membership
VPA On-Going Committees 2012
- Professional Development - The Professional Development Committee organizes spring and fall conferences, participates in the Education and Training Collaborative, and researches training opportunities for professional planners.
Members: Peg Elmer, Alex Weinhagen, Lori Hirshfield, Lee Krohn, Jackie Cassino, Polly McMurtry, Faith Ingulsrud, Paul Connor(Chair), Steve Lotspeich, Sharon Murray, Jackie Cassino, & Tim Cullenen
- Nominating - The Nominating Committee is an ad hoc committee that puts together a slate of nominees to fill vacancies on the Executive Committee and officers for the coming year.
Members: Peg Elmer, Brian Shupe, & Paul Conner
- Legislative - The Legislative Committee keeps apprised of proposed legislation, prepares position papers, and testifies in front of legislative committees at the Statehouse.
Members: Fred Dunnington, Sharon Murray(Chair), Dana Hanley, Scott Gustin, Peg Elmer, Sarah Hadd, & Thomas Kennedy, Gina Campoli, David Rugh, Polly McMurtry, Phil Dechert, Mark Bannon & Mike Munson; Taylor Newton, Mary O’Neil; Brian Shupe, Kate McCarthy, Cathyann Larose, Steve Lotspeich, and Brian Bannon
- Awards - The Awards Committee reviews annual nominations for Plan of the Year, Project of the Year, Citizen Planner, Professional Planner, and Citizen Board.
Members: Jim Donovan(Chair), Natalie Steen, Tara Bamford, Polly McMurtry, Scott Mapes, & Tim Cullenen
- Communications - The Communications Committee reviews the website, listserve, and newsletter to keep membership informed and interested in ongoing activities of VPA.
Members:Dean Pierce (Chair), Lee Krohn , Deb Sachs, & Chris Sargent
- Growth Centers Downtown Designation Task Force - The goal of this new task force is to develop recommendations for submission to the Agency of Commerce and Community Development on its proposed consolidation or reformulation of the various downtown and village designation programs.
Members: Lori Hirshfield, Sarah Hadd, Polly McMurtry, & David Rugh
- NNECAPA Conference 2014 Task Force – VT will host the NNECAPA conference in 2014. It is never too early to begin planning for the topic, location, and venue for the event in conjunction with the Professional Development Committee.
Members: Tara Bamford, Ken Niemczyk, Jackie Cassino; Peg Elmer, & Sharon Murray